10 Content Marketing Statistics That Will Blow Your Mind!
As consumers become more inundated with data, advertisements, social media and a variety of content streams from organizations looking to tap their interests, content marketing is a must for those looking to successfully spread their message through the noise, expand their reach and generate leads. But don’t just take our word for it… we have the facts to prove that content marketing is vital to today’s marketing initiatives and is an industry that has not only grown exponentially in the past years, but one that will continue to grow in the years to come! Below are 10 content marketing stats that all marketers should keep in mind when developing their next campaign:
- Marketers, on average, spend over a quarter of their marketing budget on content marketing. (B2B Marketing Insider)
- 62% of companies today outsource their content marketing — that’s up 7% from last year! (Mashable)
- Because 61% of consumers say they feel better about a company that delivers custom content, they are also more likely to buy from that company. (Custom Content Council)
- LinkedIn generates more leads for B2B companies than Facebook, Twitter or blogs individually. Yet only 47% of B2B marketers say they are actively using LinkedIn vs. 90% on Facebook. (Inside View)
- Interesting content is a top 3 reason people follow brands on social media. (Content+)
- Social media sites and blogs reach 8 out of 10 of all U.S. Internet users and account for 23% of all time spent online. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful and 78% believe that organizations providing custom content are interested in building good relationships with them. (TMG Custom Media)
- Blogs give websites 434% more indexed pages and 97% more indexed links. (Content+)
- B2B companies with blogs generate 67% more leads per month on average than non-blogging firms. (Social Media B2B)
- The average cost to generate a lead through inbound marketing ($143) is about half the average for outbound marketing ($373). (G+)
(Image source: youngblah.com)
Do you have any interesting content marketing statistics to share? Post them in the comments below or connect with us on our social sites — Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+. We’d love to hear from you!